Follow me

testing out markdown

So the idea is to write a blog post entirely in Markdown and using the webapp stackedit.io1.

I have never written in Markdown before2 but have read a couple of articles online.

I have constantly heard mention of Markdown in productivity blogs, podcasts and even tumblr, but I have to admit that I have never really gotten into it.

I blame this on the official Markdown website. The layout was a bit dry for me and there was way too much text. Something like this primer worked much better for me3.

iOS apps like DayOne Journal supports Markdown (unfortunately it does not have a PC version) and it’ll be interesting to see how many of my current apps would recognise the syntax.


  1. Okay, I lied, I’m using the Notebooks iPhone app as well

  2. Another lie, whilst writing this blogpost I have since written another one about a Kickstarter project I recently backed.

  3. Can I just say, at this point of the article, I am finding Markdown’s simple way of adding URL links to text to be a major time-saver.

Comments

Popular Posts