Follow me

project life: week 13 - kind of?


I think I like this layout the best out of all the ones I've done so far. I'd purchase and used the Midnight Core Kit, digital edition when it was on sale at AC Digital.

The thing with using core kit cards as opposed to patterned paper is that there are just so much more journaling space! And the midnight kit has basically just black, white and yellow, making it very easy to match with photos.


In the top right 4x6 card, I'd cut around the "Hello There" banner that was actually a part of the card design and had slipped the photo partially under it. I think I first saw this technique in a Two Peas in a Bucket video, but I can't remember which one (if you know, just let me know in the comments so I can't link back, thanks).



The core kit didn't have 3x4 title cards, so I added the words "Project Life" on one of the 3x4 journaling cards instead. I can't remember what font I'd used off the top of my head, but let me know if you're really interested and I'll look into it for you.

The little camera above the date is a Studio Calico camera wood veneer, I thought the page was a bit flat compared to previous layouts, so I decided a little bit of dimension won't hurt.


I didn't put a week number in the title, only because my weeks start on a Monday and this spread was a strange Saturday to Friday layout. I've said before that I wouldn't be too fussed; as long as the documentation is there.


On the 31st, I attended a high school friend's wedding. I didn't manage to capture any nice photos of the ceremony, so all the photos in the layout were from the reception. The venue was so pretty, and newly weds were so lovely, there were plenty of photos to put into my layout.


Photo booths also seem to be the thing for weddings now, I've been to a couple of weddings already where that's what they used instead of disposable cameras. I'm guessing it would produce much better shots!

The cool thing about this photo booth was that it printed two copies of each photo. One is for you to stick into the wedding book along with a message to the newlyweds, and one is for you to keep. I remember we all took two of every photo in a previous wedding we went to, just so we can keep one of the copies.


Of course even with two copies, with group shots like these, who gets to keep them?

Comments

Popular Posts