Follow me

playing catch up (part 2)


For February's spread, I used Teresa Collins' "She Said" 12x12 Collection Packs.


The journaling cards are from the "Notecards" cut apart sheet from the collection and I used Amy Tangerine's "Today" roller stamp to partially stamp on them.

I found that the letter stickers from Echo Park's "Today's Story" worked pretty well with the "Flowers" patterned paper. A couple of rub-ons from Kaiser Craft completed the title card.


The SO and I went to watch quite a few movies this month, so to incorporate those into the spread, I took screenshots of the movie posters and added those in. 

Because we watched "Beautiful Creatures" at a Beanbag cinema, I had some photo-booth like photos that I took from my iPhone to stick into my spread as well.

The top left 4x6 was actually a tiny spread I made for our Valentine's Day dinner. Since V-day was a weekday we didn't do much celebration and there weren't many photos. 


Because of all the "white space" on the card I experimented with layering Amy Tangerine's Pigment Remarks Fabric Stickers. On it's own I think the 4x6 card looks pretty good. Unfortunately the rest of the page was quite dark and so it didn't quite mesh.

All the photos on the right side of the right hand page are from a trip we took through the Dandenong Ranges on the Puffing Billy steam train. It was someplace we'd wanted to go but never had the time.


I mainly used my iPhone's Hipstamatic app (which I love, love, love) but perhaps I should have chosen another "film" than was less red...?


I like using kits on my spread, it saves a lot of time not having to find coordinating products. But for this spread, I think I might have relied too heavily on these papers being from the same collection and didn't really think about whether individual cards matched each other. In the end this layout felt a little bit jumbled to me.

But I did read somewhere (though I can't, for the life of me, remember where) that we create so many layouts with Project Life, there are bound to be some that we're not too keen on. And that's completely okay. Instead of getting hung up on it, it's best to just learn from what we didn't like about the spread and move on.

Comments

Popular Posts