Follow me

three scrapbooking classes... at the same time!

Omg, I don't even know how it started, but I've been bitten by the scrapbooking bug.

Okay, rephrase, I've been bitten by the purchasing-loads-of-scrapbooking-stuff bug.

I already have loads of 6x6 paper pads from my art journaling - which I haven't been doing much since meeting my SO - but I've recently discovered Studio Calico and Amy Tangerine.

Amy Tangerine Daybooks and a Smash pen
Next thing I find, I've purchased three of Amy Tangerine's Daybooks, stickers and wood veneers (I haven't purchased anything from Studio Calico because I missed their subscription date, I'm on their Project Life Kit waiting list - oh don't get me started on Project Life!).


My SO didn't help the matter much either; he whole heartedly encouraged me to purchase a scrapbooking album and full kit from a KaiserCraft store we happened to walk by.

With all this gear, I've also signed onto a couple of classes... ok, so it's three - I'm so broke now...

The first one is The Curious Scrapbooker's Field Guide by May Flaum over at Big Picture Classes. I heard this on the PaperClipping Roundtable podcast (yes, I've gotten into podcasts too).

It's very much about techniques and using your existing stash of craft supplies, and not necessarily traditional scrapbooking supplies. In the current week's lesson, we're looking at using paint on scrapbook layouts.

Problem is, I've never scrapbook before, so I find that there's some big gaping holes in my scrapbooking basics. And my pictures... they're are a mess (organisation-wise).

Which is where the second class comes in, Stacy Julian's Finding Photo Freedom also hosted at Big Picture Classes.

Finding Photo Freedom (previously known as Library of Memories) is an organisation system for your photos (both printed and digital) with scrapbookers in mind.

Neither classes have gone on for very long, so I can't really write much of a review, but trying to get through two classes worth of material can be a bit mind boggling (especially if I try to do all their recommended homework as well!).

But I'm not finished yet. I also registered for {mo}tography, another class that I heard about on the PaperClipping podcast (that show is so bad for my wallet!).

This class teaches you to use your instagram photos in your scrapbooking. Unfortunately, I thought there would be more information on the printing of photos from your phone and using them in scrapbook layouts. Instead it mainly introducing students to smart phone apps which could help you edit your photos in preparation for printing.

However for $19 I got a bit of my money's worth from the digital fonts and templates that they give away as part of the class.


So now I have to juggle three classes' worth of material as I navigate the treacherous waters of scrapbooking (not to mention trying to watch all the CHA 2013 videos that PaperClipping has put up - there's 50 of them!)


PS. In the process of writing this, I've also joined up as a premium member of PaperClipping.com - my justification, I need to mend those gaping holes in my knowledge! I know, I'm just bad at spending money (or not spending it).

Comments

Popular Posts