Follow me

SupaNova 2011 (Perth) - Day 2

Well here is part 2 of my 3-part series on my SupaNova weekend a few weeks back. If you haven't read the first post, you can find it here.

After my text-intensive post last time, I'll let the pictures do most of the talking in this post.


You should hear the amount of "aww..." when this kid-Vader walked up to the 501st Legion.




I usually won't post fuzzy photos, but I thought their pairing was fantastic.


This Tardis has certainly seen better days, but I loved the effort they put in it. Go Doctor! (Oh, I saw this guy who did a great Doctor, but I was in line for food and couldn't get a picture. Then I couldn't find him again, boo...)


Cross-Universe?

 So cute... if I could ever get my cat to behave, I'd dress up as Kiki Delivery service.

Shameless plug of my cat.

This poor guy was about to go on break when I asked to take his picture. He had to do up all those little buttons on his vest again - then undo them again when I was finished. But you've got to admire his tenacity for perfection.


That was not the scariest thing I saw at the event... does that tell you something?


Okay, here's where the limits of my dad's Canon 24-105mm lens are most obvious. It might be an okay lens if you have bright lights and subject matter which is not all that far away. But when you're 1/3 way across a large room and trying to take photos of an unlit stage, you get a lot of blurry photos.

As such, I don't have as many photos of the Cosplay competition as I would have liked.


Let me just say that John Robertson was great up there. He's funny, and he knows most (if not all) mainstream anime/games - I'd hate to have to listen to a MC who doesn't know what he's talking about.

He managed to smooth over some fairly awkward moments (e.g. where amatuer Cosplayers get onstage without being prepared to "flaunt their wares", and instead stands in one pose awkwardly for 1 minute) - and no, none of these cosplayers I posted up are of those awkward cosplayers.

Look at Penguin's nose...

This guy yanked a head off a teddy bear and stuff it on a baseball helmet... scary...

Do you really want to know?


After the cosplay competition, the day was far from over -->> James Marsters Live Performance!

Unfortunately photography and any sort of recording was not allowed.
Truth be told, when you forget about aiming your camera and actually sit and experience an event, it's actually more memorable.

Before nearly every song James would tell us the story behind the lyrics - apparently he wrote quite a number of songs to get back in his girlfriend's good graces XD

The night was a blast, and it went a long way to making up for the disappointments I've experienced the night before.
  • Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts