Follow me

set menu?

Every morning I bypass a small cafe on my way to work. On their front door they have a sign up declaring, "best muffins in Melbourne".

The first time I saw it, I went in to buy said muffin, only to be told that they were sold out.

Hmm, I thought, they must be good.

So I dutifully went back the next day.

I was disappointed to find that they only have one flavour on offer; blueberry. Whilst I don't "dislike" blueberry, I just prefer chocolate, but I bought one anyway.

Eating it at work, I found that it was okay. It wasn't the "best" muffin in Melbourne - although I don't know what the best muffin taste like, I don't think this was on that level - but it was soft, and tasty, and I could count on it being fresh with no preservatives.

The next day, I went again, and found that this time they had cinnamon muffins; it seemed that everyday was a different taste, dependant purely on the owner's mood and preference.

It's been two weeks since my first muffin, and I'm still going every morning.

I find that I don't mind having my meals chosen for me. Back in Hong Kong I had the same arrangement for my dinner; a local diner would have a set dinner which changes daily and I'd just order that.

We live in a world where we are spoilt for choice, it is sometimes refreshing to leave the decision in someone elses's hands. Because I don't know about you, but when going out with friends, one of the trickiest questions we have to answer is, "Where do we eat?" 

Location:Little Collins St,Melbourne,Australia

 

Comments

  1. I enjoyed this post! I think it's true that we get carried away with giving too many choices and having to make too many choices. I can see how refreshing it would be to just show up and take what I'm given, and to enjoy it on top of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's nice just to eat what's put in front of you - or the muffin of the day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts